Charity Cards for Bikers: Bicycles Mountain Bikes MotorBikes
Select an ecard from our range of charity cards for bikers. Whether you friend loves the humble bicycle or your nephew is a mountain bike enthusiast, you will find the right ecard on this page. Just personalise the ecard, insert email address and press send! The ecard will arrive in the recipient’s inbox in seconds.
20 Fun Facts about Bicycle and Cycling
Below are top 20 interesting and fun facts about bicycles and cycling that you may probably not know about. Be prepared to impress the recipient by sending the bike ecard along with your favourite fact about bicycles you’re about to discover.
1.The United Kingdom is home to over 20 million bicycles.
2. British track cyclist Sir Christopher Hoy, MBE is the greatest cyclist of all time. He has six Olympic gold medals and one silver.
3. About 100 million bikes are manufactured around the world each year.
4. 5% of all trips in the UK are made with a bicycle.
5.Cycling is the most efficient way to get around in the world.
6. There are twice as many bicycles in the world than cars.
7. The world’s longest bicycle is 92 feet long.
8. Over 238 million gallons of fuel every year from using bicycles as alternative means of transportation.
9. Almost half of all Amsterdam’s commutes are made on a bike.
10. Prior to the French giving the bicycle its name these machines were often referred to as velocipedes.
11. Bicycle commuting burns an average of 540 calories per hour.
12. Cycling can help reduce the risk of having heart disease or a stroke.
13. The first bicycle type vehicle was built in 1690.
14. A tandem bike can hold more than one cyclist. The longest one ever built could hold 35 cyclists and it was almost 67 feet in length.
15. Cycling is the world’s biggest sports goods business worth approximately 51 billion dollars annually.
16. Bikes can also be rented for free in Copenhagen. 36% of the workforce commute daily on bicycles, and only 27% drive cars.
17. There are over 400 million bicycles in China.
18. There were 482,000 bicycle thefts in England and Wales in 2012. That’s almost one every minute.
19. The world’s longest bicycle is 92 feet long.
20. The Tour de France is one of the most famous bicycle races in the world. It’s considered to be the biggest test of endurance out of all sports.